Wyoming Resident Military Personnel Stationed Out Of State
Wyoming Residents who are active military and stationed out of state may apply for a Wyoming concealed firearm permit. You must still meet the requirements stated in W.S. 6-8-104 as a resident of Wyoming in order to apply for the permit. This means your home of record is Wyoming as stated on your leave and earnings statement.
The forms to be completed are available online.
1. Complete the applicable (New or Renewal) application form online. Once finished, print out the application along with the military applicant checklist.
2. The original application is to be sent to DCI along with a set of fingerprints, a weapons qualification form or a copy of a DD Form 214, your Leave and Earnings Statement to show Wyoming residency, and a payment in the form of a Money Order or Cashier's check payable to Wyoming Attorney General’s Office. NO CASH or PERSONAL CHECKS are accepted.
3. You must also submit a passport quality photo to DCI for the CFP Permit along with the original application and payment. Photos are to not exceed 2in by 2in. Photos must be taken on an off-white or light blue background. Head shot only, no head wear or eye wear will be present in the photo.
4. A copy of your application along with a checklist must be delivered to your current Base Commander and the local Sheriff. Also provide these forms to the local Chief of Police (if applicable). These checklists are for the purpose of a local background check at your current place of residence.
5. The fees are: $64 (New Application)
$45 (Renewal Application) *
$55 (Late renewal) *
* You may apply for a renewal six months before your expiration date, but no earlier than that. A renewal application must contain all of the above mentioned items except fingerprint cards.
* Renewals are considered late after the permit expiration date. You can only apply for a late renewal up to 6 months after the expiration date. After that a new application and fees are required.
Processing times may vary depending on the timely manner in which all required documents are received.
For permit qualifications or additional information please click on the links below:
- Click here for: CFP Military Application The application must be downloaded to your computer in order to complete it.
- Click here for: CFP Military Application Checklist
Wyoming permit holders who plan to visit another state and who also plan to carry a concealed firearm while visiting that state are urged to contact that state before traveling. This will allow Wyoming permit holders to determine all restrictions or prohibitions regarding the carrying of concealed firearms in those states, as well as their laws regarding firearms and weapons in general. Most states have web pages with necessary information.
*State firearms laws and reciprocity agreements are subject to frequent change, and furthermore, are subject to court interpretation. Information contained on this page is not to be considered legal advice. You should always contact an attorney licensed to practice law in your state for any legal advice.
Click here for the Wyoming Concealed Firearm Permit-Change of Address or Name Form (If you change your address, a new permit will NOT be issued)